13 foods that improve your immune system
13 foods that improve your immune system
Everybody wants to have a healthy body, but if you don’t eat healthy foods, vitamins and nutrients that your body needs, how can you keep your body healthy? Boosting your immune system is one of the best ways to keep different illnesses such as winter cold or flu away. But the question is how can one keep their immune system strong and ready? Well, it doesn’t have a secret formula. Actually it is very simple. The answer is to eat healthy and strong food that will boost your immune system.
In this article we have gathered some of the most powerful nutrients that can boost your immune system right away. But remember that eating healthy should be alongside some other factors such as sleeping well and exercising to keep your body really strong and healthy.
Foods that improve your immunity system
1 – Citrus fruit
Citrus fruits include a large variety of yellow-orange color fruits such as lemon, orange, grapefruit and lime. Citrus fruits contain a large portion of vitamin C that can boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
Why should you consume citrus fruits?
Well first of all they are a good source of vitamin C. What do we mean when we say a good source? Well eating just one orange a day can provide your needed amount of vitamin C for one day. But vitamin C isn’t the only benefit of citrus fruits, it also includes a variety of other nutrients such as:
- B vitamins
So overall citrus fruits have a lot of beneficial components that can keep your body healthy.
2 – Broccoli
Broccoli has a lot of health benefits and can improve your immune system. Broccoli advantages range very wide, from reducing the risk of cancer to improving your bone health and improving your skin. But what is the best way to consume broccoli?
Well you can always boil or fry it but the most preferred way is to eat it raw or don’t cook it for too long. Cooking broccoli for too long can destroy some of the nutrients in this amazing food.
Here are some other health benefits of broccoli:
- Protecting your heart
- Keeping diabetes away
- Reduce inflammation
- Good digestion
3 – Garlic
Don’t you like the smell or taste of garlic? Is it too spicy for you? In this section we are going to tell you all about garlic health benefits that make you unable to resist eating garlic anymore. Eating garlic everyday will help you to keep your immune system steady and strong but there are other benefits to garlic. Let’s read them together.
Well garlic is an amazing blood purifier and it can help you have a smooth skin. Most skin problems are because of impurity in your blood and after using garlic you can see the difference.
Another benefit is keeping cold and flu away. Garlic can easily improve your immune system and therefore keep most illnesses away. Also using garlic can protect your heart and also make it stronger. At the end daily use of garlic can prevent cancer. Many studies have shown that people who consume garlic on a daily basis won’t face cancer.
4 – Red bell pepper
Who doesn’t like red bell pepper? Most people use them in their meals and we can see them at every dinner table. But did you know all the benefits that this amazing food has?
Here you can read some of red bell pepper health benefits:
- A great source of vitamin C. It means that consuming red bell pepper can easily improve your immune system and increase your blood white cells.
- An amazing source of vitamin B6. The best use of vitamin B6 is that it can keep anemia away.
- Burn calories. Studies show that red bell pepper can increase your metabolism rate without increasing your blood pressure and heart rate and therefore you’ll be able to burn more calories.
- Antioxidants. Red bell peppers are a great source of antioxidants and they can prevent cancer.
- Night vision. Red bell peppers have a lot of vitamin A and they can improve your eyesight especially at night.
5 – Spinach
Well even ‘Popeye’ loves spinach and became super strong after eating it so here’s a brief introduction of this amazing vegetable.
Spinach is one of the most famous greens in the world which is enriched with vitamins, minerals, pigments, and phytonutrients. Some of spinach health benefits:
- It can maintain your blood pressure
- Spinach improves your eyesight
- Helps strengthen your muscles
- Improves your digestion system
- It has anticancer effects and can prevent cancer
- Improves your skin and gives you a smooth, shiny skin
6 – Yogurt
We all have eaten yogurt before or we consume it on a daily basis. Yogurt is a very nutritious food and can help us with many aspects. Here are some science-proved health benefits of yogurt:
- Contains a lot of calcium and can provide 49% of your daily calcium dosage.
- It’s enriched with vitamin B, specially vitamin B12.
- Yogurt provides 38% of your daily needed phosphorus and 12% magnesium.
- It’s a great source of protein.
- It can help your digestive system.
- Yogurt may be able to improve your immune system and keep your body strong.
- Yogurt has many benefits for your heart.
7 – Green tea
We all enjoy drinking a cup of tea when we wake up in the morning or when we go out with friends or when we’re tired. But did you know whilst you’re enjoying your tea, especially green tea, you’re also helping your body in so many different ways.
Did you know when you drink green tea, you help yourself to lose weight and keep away from tooth decay? These are the smallest benefits that green tea has. Here are some more:
If you drink green tea on a daily basis, you have actually helped yourself to steady your blood pressure, prevent depression, take great care of your skin, control your cholesterol, prevent diabetes and heart diseases, keep away from esophageal cancer and also keep yourself safe from alzheimer’s and parkinson’s.
8 – Ginger
Ginger simply has so many health benefits that it needs no longer explanation.
Here are 10 most important health benefits of ginger:
- Eases period pain
- Controls cholesterol
- Controls blood sugar
- Ginger can soothe sore muscles after a hard exercise
- Fights and destroys germs
- It can calm your nausea
- Slows cancer growth
- Helps with digestion
- It fights against diseases and illnesses
- Keeps your mouth fresh and clean
9 – Almonds
As you already know nuts have many nutritious benefits and among all nuts, almonds have their special place. You can eat almonds in many different shapes and forms such as raw almonds, almond butters, candy coated almonds and almond flours.
Almonds help your body in many ways and keep your immune system strong. Almonds help you control your weight, it has a lot of antioxidants that keep your heart healthy, lowers your cholesterol and lowers your blood sugar levels.
10 – Kiwi
Yummy! Kiwi is a fruit that is enriched with many nutritious components and has a lot of health benefits for your body. Inside kiwi is a large amount of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E and potassium. So basically kiwi is really good. Kiwi can improve your body in many aspects and in this section we’re going to point out some of its health benefits.
- Improves digestion
- Improves immune system
- Manages your blood pressure
- Lowers risk of many health conditions
- Reduces risk of blood clotting
- Improves your eyesight
12 – Sunflower seed
Do you enjoy eating sunflower seeds? Because many other people do. Whilst this amazing snack can stop your hunger it can also improve your health condition. So next time you’re enjoying a bowl of sunflower seed remember you’re doing your body a favor. But what are these health benefits that we brag about a lot? Well sunflower seed provides significant amounts of vitamin E, selenium and magnesium. So with all this being said let’s start talking about your health condition when you consume sunflower seed. It protects your heart and improves your heart condition due to all the vitamin E inside it. Sunflower seed can also lower your cholesterol and calm your nerves and blood vessels because of its magnesium. Also eating sunflower seed may help you prevent cancer.
13 – Turmeric
Turmeric is a plant that not only in the food industry but also in the medicine industry can be found. Turnic has a very long history in the medicine industry because of its nutritious components. In the food industry turnic is usually used because of its color, if you add a spoonful turnic to your food, your food would be completely yellow. But what are its benefits and how can we use it in order to keep our body healthy?
- It gives you a lot of energy and boosts your body
- It prevents infections and depression
- Turnic lowers the risk of cancer and can help cure it
- It reduces risk of headache and purifies your blood which leads to clear skin
- Turnic reduces chance of alzheimer’s and arthritis